Assistant Facility Manager
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED
Education and Experience:
Associate's degree or 60 semester units from an accredited college or university with a emphasis in construction, building trades, project management, facility management, business, accounting or a closely related field; and four or more years of progressively responsible experience in facilities maintenance and/or construction planning with at least two years in a supervisory capacity; or a combination of education, training and experience which provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
Licenses and Certifications:
Valid State Driver's License
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Principles, practices, and methods of construction and building maintenance.
- Record keeping, report preparation, filing methods and records management techniques.
- Standard business arithmetic, including percentages and decimals.
- Basic budgetary principles and practices.
- Using tact, discretion, initiative and independent judgement within established guidelines.
- Organizing work, setting priorities, meeting critical deadlines, and following up on assignments with a minimum of direction.
- Applying logical thinking to solve problems or accomplish tasks.
- Understanding, interpreting and communicating complicated policies, procedures and protocols.
- Using mathematics, personal computers, and drafting tools.
- Communicating clearly and effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Planning, organizing, assigning, directing, reviewing and evaluating the work of staff.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within a customer service oriented environment and with outside agencies.
Mental and Physical Abilities:
- Read and interpret contract documents.
- Plan, prioritize, and supervise the work of others.
- Read and interpret blueprints and construction drawings.
- Read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operation and maintenance instructions, procedure manuals, etc.
- Solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Interpret a variety of instructions in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
- While performing the essential functions of this job the employee is occasionally required to lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
Important Application Information:
- It is your responsibility to demonstrate through your application materials how you meet the minimum qualifications of the position/s for which you apply.
- You must complete all sections of the application. A résumé or other information you feel will help us evaluate your qualifications may be attached to your completed application, but will not be accepted in lieu of completing any part of the application. Blank applications that contain only a résumé or those that reference "see résumé" will be rejected as incomplete.
- Check your application before submitting to ensure it is complete and correct; no new or additional information will be accepted after the closing date.
- Inquiry will be made of your former and current employers; please provide the names and telephone numbers of supervisors on your application.
- You must provide the names and contact information of at least three (3) references (not relatives) that have knowledge of your job skills, experience, ability and/or character.
- Application materials are the property of Mendocino County and will not be returned.
- It is your responsibility to keep your NEOGOV profile updated, including any changes to your telephone number or address. Failure to do so may result in missed notification of exams or interviews.
- The exam process listed on this flyer is tentative. Mendocino County reserves the right to make necessary modifications to the examination plan. Such revisions will be in accordance with approved personnel standards. Should a change be made, applicants will be notified.
- The provisions of this job bulletin do not constitute an expressed or implied contract.