Casual Ferry Operations Supervisor #PS101407Golden Gate Bridge District
Casual Ferry Operations Supervisor (PS101407)
Position located at Golden Gate Ferry Terminals (Larkspur, San Francisco, Tiburon or Sausalito).
This position is represented by the International Brotherhood of Teamsters, Local 856 $43.97 - $53.18 per hour with limited benefits Employee pays 7% of salary/wage toward CalPERS retirement plan.
Minimum Job Requirements:
- College level training and experience equivalent to: Two-year college degree or equivalent in public administration, business administration, marine transportation or related customer service field.
- Additional position related experience may be substituted on a year for year basis in lieu of degree.
- Four years' position related customer service experience is desired.
- Experience in managing cash revenue and working with the public is desirable.
- Must include a minimum of two-years supervisory/management experience in directing subordinate staff.
- Must be able to demonstrate computer proficiency using MS Office.
- Must possess and maintain a current, valid CDL and satisfactory driving record (Operates District vehicles on a regular basis)
- No DUIs or reckless driving infractions within last 7 years.
- No more than 2 moving violations within last 3 years.
Required Knowledge, Abilities and Skills:
- Principles and practices of supervision and employee training.
- Service area's geography and demography.
- Hazardous waste regulations & appropriate regulatory authorities.
- First Aid and CPR.
Ability to /Skill in:
- Learn and interpret labor provisions (i.e. Memorandum of Understanding).
- Analyze emergency situations accurately, make decisions quickly and adjust service as necessary for the safety and convenience of the public.
- Exercise initiative, compassion & ingenuity in dealing w/the public.
- Establish and maintain good working relationships with District employees.
- Use office equipment such as personal computer, facsimile machine, typewriter and calculator.
- Learn the different passenger ticketing systems in use at the ferry division and provide first line service support for each system.
- Communicate effectively with district vendors and open timely support request tickets.
Physical Requirements: Lift and carry up to 50 pounds frequently Requires frequent stooping, bending, and climbing stairs & ladders Work outside continuously in all weather conditions