Assistant Superintendent - Business Services
Requirements / Qualifications
• Bachelor’s degree in the related fields of accounting, auditing, business administration or public administration, from an accredited college or university, is required;
• A minimum of five (5) years leadership experience in one of the above fields, including at least three (3) years of experience in a senior supervisory capacity in California public and/or private education.
• A Chief Business Official (CBO) certification can be used to supplement for two (2) years of the five (5) years of experience required;
• Training or education in school finance, economics, and governmental accounting is highly preferred;
• A Master’s degree in accounting, business or public administration may substitute for up to 2 years of administrative or executive experience;
• Must work well in a team environment and operate at a peer-level with other managers;
• Must be able to operate as both an individual contributor and a team leader;
• Must have excellent presentation skills and experience;
• Possess or obtain upon employment, a valid California Driver License;
• Provide proof of automobile insurability;
• Meet the physical requirements necessary to perform assigned duties safely and effectively, including lifting twenty-five (25) pounds on an occasional basis and in excess of twenty-five (25) pounds with assistance.
Employees are provided with an insurance plan, which includes health, vision, and dental insurance for employee, spouse, and dependents, at a shared cost. Participation in this plan is mandatory for employees working 30 plus hours a week. Benefits are optional for part-time employees working 20 – 29.99 hours per week. Employee will be a member of the Public Employees’ Retirement System (PERS) to which both the employee and MCOE contribute. Employee may elect to be a member of the Mendocino County Federation of School Employees Union. MCOE does not participate in the Social Security system.
Potential applicants are advised that the meeting of stated job requirements does not assure invitation to interview. This position may be temporarily filled by a substitute or in-house employee who may also be a candidate. All candidates are welcome to make inquiries at any time.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER