Director of Technology
Mendocino County Office of Educationis recruiting for the following position:
Director of Technology
About the Employer
The Mendocino County Office of Education is a public agency whose primary purpose is to provide educational leadership, resources and services to schools to ensure wide-ranging educational opportunities for all students. This mission is accomplished through cooperative efforts with teachers, school districts, families, and communities; through direct instructional programs and administrative services; and through coordination with the California Department of Education and other agencies.
Under administrative direction, manages, coordinates and supervises the operations, functions and staff within the Technology Support Services Department including the maintenance of the wide-area network for 12 school districts, charter schools, operations, business applications including fiscal and school attendance for MCOE and school districts, programming, telecommunications, computer repair, customer support and related information technology services. Fosters the improvement and effective use of these systems and information technology by MCOE and school districts throughout the County.
Requirements / Qualifications
• Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related technical field and 3-5 years of experience in network operations, network administration, and personal computer support with at least 3 years at a manager level;
• Additional experience may substitute for some higher education.
• Industry certifications such as Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE), MCITP, Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) (CCIE), VMware Certified Professional (VCP) or equivalent certifications are preferred. The job requires specific experience in the design, and on-going support of a local and wide-area network, business procedures, managing technical personnel, and academic applications.
• Working knowledge of Unix and SQL, the use of PC based servers and networking including wireless and wide area networks;
• Experience with educational applications or school district work experience is preferred;
• Industry certifications such as Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE), MCITP, Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) (CCIE), VMware Certified Professional (VCP) or equivalent certifications are preferred;
• Possess or obtain upon employment, a valid California Driver License;
• Provide proof of automobile insurability;
• Meet the physical requirements necessary to perform assigned duties safely and effectively, including lifting twenty-five (25) pounds on an occasional basis and in excess of twenty-five (25) pounds with assistance.
Employees are provided with an insurance plan, which includes health, vision, and dental insurance for employee, spouse, and dependents, at a shared cost. Participation in this plan is mandatory for employees working 30 plus hours a week. Employee will be a member of the Public Employees’ Retirement System (PERS) to which both the employee and MCOE contribute. MCOE does not participate in the Social Security system.
Potential applicants are advised that the meeting of stated job requirements does not assure invitation to interview. This position may be temporarily filled by a substitute or in-house employee who may also be a candidate. All candidates are welcome to make inquiries at any time.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Comments and Other Information
PLEASE UPLOAD ALL DOCUMENTS IN .PDF FORMATTING
For more information and to apply online visit: www.edjoin.org/MendocinoCOE