Contracts Administrator (Construction)
$30 to $33 per hour. Peterson Mechanical is a Sonoma-based mechanical contractor providing a single source for reliable mechanical systems in the San Francisco Bay Area specializing in HVAC, plumbing and refrigeration for a wide variety of market sectors including Healthcare, Technology, Education, Office Space, Hospitality, Winery, High Rise and Low Rise Residential. Peterson Mechanical provides pre-construction, pre-fabrication, custom fabrication, design/build and plan/spec. solutions for San Francisco, Oakland, Sonoma, Marin, Solano, Napa and the surrounding areas. Peterson Mechanical offers a competitive salary, excellent benefits and a great work environment.
Job Summary: The Contracts Administrator processes assigned contracts and subcontracts, administers construction contract billings, and supports service contracts administration. This position also performs accounts receivable collections for those contracts and administers the lien process. The position supports estimators and project managers with various administrative and compliance tasks as needed.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Processes assigned company contracts and subcontracts.
- Administers subcontracts, change orders, purchase orders and all accompanying documentation as approved by the applicable Project Manager or the Contracts Manager.
- Enters job information, budgets, and reviews/closes projects in Vista or other job tracking system.
- Requests certificates of insurance, completes miscellaneous insurance requirements, and orders bonds as requested. Submits OCIP insurance enrollments and completes administration.
- Prepares, submits, and monitors all preliminary notices and lien releases.
- Assists in the preparation of pre-qualifications.
- Maintains organized electronic and paper files for assigned projects.
- Prepares and submits Wage Equality Statements.
- Prepares and submits DAS 140 and other labor compliance requirements.
Jobs and Billings Administration (Construction)
- Opens and maintains job files.
- Prepares and submits invoices and other billing forms utilizing a variety of methods and websites.
- Creates time & material (T&M) and cost plus (CP) billings using applicable labor rates.
- Enters, reconciles, and balances the Schedule of Values (SOV) provided by project managers.
- Monitors and maintains accounts receivable (AR) aging including collections. Resolves AR problems or requests assistance from the project managers, Contracts Manager or Controller.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Contracts Manager or Controller.
Estimating and Project Support
- Compiles and distributes the bidder’s list as assigned.
- Assists in the preparation of bid packages as requested by estimators and project managers.
- Provides administrative support as needed for the construction division.
- Enters and maintains project details within various systems.
Non-Essential Job Duties:
- Monitors certifications and licensing.
- Creates, revises, and maintains forms.
- Assists with mail pick-up, drop off and distribution as needed.
- Performs errands as requested.
- Highly organized with strong attention to detail.
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- Outstanding problem solving and analytical skills
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Self-directed and motivated, timely and accurate
- Working knowledge of MS Office programs and PDF markup/editing software
- Team oriented, professional, and courteous demeanor
- Ability to obtain or an active notary public commission
Preferred Job Qualifications:
- Knowledge of construction software, Procore, and VISTA by Viewpoint
- Associate or bachelor’s degree in construction management, business, finance, or related field
- Knowledge of working with a union labor force, prevailing wage, wage equality, etc.
- Valid driver’s license and clean driving record
Position requires sitting for prolonged periods and occasional standing and walking. Manual dexterity required for computer work. There is occasional lifting of up to 25 lbs. Office work environment with a moderate noise level. Reasonable accommodations will be made.