Account Manager (Customer Service / Sales Support)
The Press Democrat, a division of Sonoma Media Investments is seeking an Account Manager to join our advertising support team. This position will be responsible to provide excellent customer service to clients and Account Executives and build long lasting relationships that will encourage new and repeat business opportunities. The position requires a person who is ambitious, self-disciplined and has the desire to work proactively and independently in a quality-driven environment.
- Provide excellent customer service via telephone, email, and occasional in person contact and follow through to maintain existing and new business.
- Reach out to clients on a regular basis to retain existing clients and maintain a high level of understanding of their advertising goals and their creative designs.
- Process ad material from concept to design for an advertising campaign and secure proof approval under tight deadlines.
- The ability to multitask with strong organization and prioritization skills.
- Make sure contracts are on track for revenue fulfillment and are scheduled correctly for the duration of the contract.
- Manage the results of client’s campaign and make adjustments as needed for the client with the Account Executive.
- Follow credit policies / procedures, including the collection of client funds for cash advertisers and encourage cash clients to apply for credit or secure a reoccurring credit card for regular billing.
- Provide assistance in client revenue reports, proposals and marketing planning with the Account Executive.
- Become well-versed in our multi-media products and assist clients with questions or clarifications when needed.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Marketing, Newspaper and/or digital advertising knowledge a plus
- Customer service or sales experience
- Computer skills: Microsoft Office Suite, Internet, and ability to learn CRM software
- Applies technology to gain efficiencies
- Analysis, problem solving skills
- Sonoma County Resident
Sonoma Media Investments (SMI) an independent, privately-owned multimedia company based in Santa Rosa. Formed in 2012 by a consortium of local investors who recognize the value of quality local journalism, SMI is home to the most-read publications and websites in the affluent Sonoma Valley, north of San Francisco.
Each week, seven out of ten North Bay adults – more than 376,000 in total – engage with the many SMI publications and their corresponding websites, including : The Pulitzer Prize-Winning Press Democrat (the flagship daily), The Sonoma Index-Tribune, Petaluma Argus-Courier, The North bay Business Journal, Sonoma Magazine, The Sonoma County Gazette and La Prensa Sonoma (the region’s premier Spanish-language newspaper and website).
Sonoma Media Investment values the contribution of our employees and offers a competitive compensation plan. We also offer an array of benefits, including medical, dental, vision, 401K and Paid Time Off.
Any job offer is conditional upon satisfactorily completing a pre-employment background investigation.
COVID-19 Vaccine Requirement: SMI is committed to creating a safe work environment for all employees, independent contractors, vendors and guests. All employees are required to submit proof of a COVID-19 vaccine and be subject to booster shots as recommended by the CDC. Medical reasons for not being vaccinated and religious objections will be carefully reviewed to determine if an accommodation can be made.
Sonoma Media Investments is an Equal Opportunity Employer
SMI Diversity & Inclusion Statement
The primary duty of a media company, at its core, is to seek out and tell the truth through its journalism. At the same time, we must maintain a company culture that is inclusive and free of discrimination of any kind.
We at Sonoma Media Investments, LLC, acknowledge the difficult truth that over the course of our long history, we have not always been consistent or effective in fulfilling another duty, to protect and defend those who are trivialized, disregarded, sidelined or treated unfairly in our community, and within our own company.