Customer Service Representative
The Press Democrat is seeking a part-time Customer Service Representative to join our circulation team. This position will handle all customer service and carrier related needs and requirements according to established policy and procedures. Must be available to work a flexible schedule, including weekends and holidays.
- Answers inquiries by clarifying with the customer’s request and get desired information by researching locating and providing information.
- Determines best needs for our customers by obtaining desired information thru engaging dialogue.
- Resolves problems by clarifying issues, researching and exploring answers and alternative solutions, implementing solutions, escalating unresolved problems.
- Fulfills requests by obtaining & clarifying desired information, completing transactions and forwarding requests with follow through if need be.
- Recognizes opportunities to up-sell, or explain new features, or downgrade options, especially to maintain a customer.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities.
- Enhances organizations reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests, exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Manage all inbound and outbound calls as volume fluctuates.
- College degree or equivalent experience in sales and/or customer service.
- Experience related to the functions of a newspaper circulation department or call center operation preferred. Experience related to the functions of DTI/MG2/Naviga business system a plus.
- Knowledge of call center procedures (inbound and outbound).
- Must have strong computer application skills with the ability to quickly learn and apply new applications.
- Should be comfortable with multi line phone system.
Any job offer is conditional upon satisfactorily completing a pre-employment background investigation.
Sonoma Media Investments is an Equal Opportunity Employer