Digital Media Strategist
The Digital Media Strategist is an expert in the digital advertising ecosystem, fully understanding the role of different digital media platforms and how they can be best used to affect an advertiser’s business. Working closely with our advertising sales staff and digital ad operations department, the Digital Media Strategist learns of the client’s KPIs and objectives, and creates a campaign that uses our available solutions to achieve the desired results. During the campaign, the Digital Media Strategist monitors the campaign, optimizes it if necessary, and reports on the efficacy. As well, they will assist in creating sales collateral and presentations for all digital advertising products and perform other duties as needed.
Essential job functions include, but are not limited to the following:
- Creating digital advertising campaigns for our advertisers, which includes the range of: digital display on our owned sites; programmatic digital display; sponsored content; email marketing; social media advertising; paid search; and video.
- Producing supporting sales presentations and collateral (in PowerPoint and MS Word).
- Conceptualizing story ideas for Sponsored Content for advertisers.
- Creating subject lines and content ideas for targeted advertiser emails.
- Editing and writing content for sales fliers, internal promotion, and sales presentations that represent our entire range of digital products.
- Creating content for social media platforms on behalf of advertisers, as needed.
- Remaining fully informed on current and emerging market trends, and implementing best practices.
- Reporting on digital product results, for internal and external purposes (in Excel, PowerPoint, and in proprietary reporting platforms).
Bachelor’s degree in Advertising, Marketing, Journalism or related field from a four-year college or university desired.
6 months to two years of related work experience and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience required.
MS Office experience required. Expert usage of Excel and PowerPoint is required. Content Management Systems (WordPress a big plus), Facebook Ads Manager, Google Ads and Ad Manager/DFP is highly sought.
Ability to read, analyze and interpret large amounts of information and data from a variety of sources.
Adequate knowledge of typical content management systems and reporting platforms.
Basic understanding of general marketing principles required.
Knowledge of advertising copywriting best practices.
Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing with internal clients, external clients and employees from the organization.
Excellent project management, time management and organization skills a must.
Sonoma Media Investments (SMI) is an independent, privately-owned multimedia company based in Santa Rosa. Formed in 2012 by a consortium of local investors who recognize the value of quality local journalism, SMI is home to the most-read publications and websites in the affluent Sonoma Valley, north of San Francisco.
Each week, seven out of ten North Bay adults – more than 376,000 in total – engage with the many SMI publications and their corresponding websites, including: The Pulitzer Prize-Winning Press Democrat (our flagship daily), The Sonoma Index-Tribune, Petaluma Argus-Courier, The North Bay Business Journal, Sonoma Magazine and La Prensa Sonoma (the region’s premier Spanish-language newspaper and website).
Sonoma Media Investments values the contribution of our employees and offers a competitive compensation plan. We also offer an array of benefits, including medical, dental, vision, 401K and Paid Time Off.
Any job offer is conditional upon satisfactorily completing a pre-employment background investigation.
To be considered, please apply on our career page.
COVID-19 Vaccine Requirement: SMI is committed to creating a safe work environment for all employees, independent contractors, vendors and guests. All employees are required to submit proof of a COVID-19 vaccine and be subject to booster shots as recommended by the CDC. Medical reasons for not being vaccinated and religious objections will be carefully reviewed to determine if an accommodation can be made.
Sonoma Media Investments is an Equal Opportunity Employer