Newspaper Distributor (retail locations)
Single Copy Distributors / Newspaper Distributors (Part-time)
The Press Democrat, a division of Sonoma Media Investments, LLC, is seeking Single Copy Distributors to join our team. They will deliver Single Copy Press Democrat newspapers to distribution locations including newsstands, store dealers, hotels, and other assigned locations, within prescribed deadlines.
Presently scheduling shifts starting at 12 AM. Candidates must be available to work a flexible schedule, including weekends and holidays.
- Deliver newspapers on assigned routes in a timely manner.
- Ensure professional product placement and upkeep.
- Maximize point of sale locations by working with dealers to better market newspaper products.
- Establish and maintain a positive working relationship with dealers through regular contact in person and occasionally by phone.
- Ensure single copy returns are verified on a nightly basis.
- Collect monies owed from store/dealers and newsstand racks.
- Communicate with distribution personnel and Single Copy managers.
- Utilize company computer systems to log required data reporting for each shift.
- Additional tasks to support core delivery functions as assigned.
- Deliver down routes when needed.
- Must have previous experience as a carrier, related position in the circulation department, or have previous management experience.
- Must have high school diploma or equivalent.
- Must be able to use a calculator, cell phone and computer.
- Must have own vehicle, a clean driving record and be able to drive company vehicles if needed. Valid California driver’s license and proof of insurance required.
- Must be mobile and capable of lifting 35 Lbs.
- Able to communicate with store/dealer customers and office personnel on a regular basis. Bi-lingual (English/Spanish) a plus.
- Strong customer service skills required.
The Press Democrat is committed to a drug and alcohol free workplace. Any job offer is conditional upon satisfactorily completing a background investigation and pre-employment drug testing.