Newsroom Operations Coordinator
Sonoma Media Investments Santa Rosa, CA Full-time Quality Control
Posted on May 7, 2022
This position is responsible for:
- Perform overall calendar management to include scheduling appointments, meetings, and outside professional obligations; and keeping the executive editor on-track daily. This function requires forward thinking; anticipating conflicts and resolving issues; communicating changes; and remaining abreast of all organizational events, meetings, and visitors in order to schedule the executive’s time appropriately.
- Reconcile travel expenses and prepare reimbursement requests, as well as coordinating with our Finance Department on invoices and flow of budget-related data.
- Coordinate meetings including but not limited to preparing and distributing agendas and other meeting materials, reserving and preparing facilities, purchasing and preparing food and refreshments, and recording and transcribing meeting minutes.
- Assists with the front desk responsibilities as needed, including distribution of mail and packages, postage, visitors, etc.
- Assists the event team with the coordination of company sponsored events, including, but not limited to holiday parties, company picnic, etc.
- Assist with logistics for executive-level and organizational-wide meetings and events such as all employee town hall meetings and annual leadership retreat. Record meeting minutes when needed.
- Exercises considerable judgment and discretion in handling requests pertaining to employee relations, appointments, and telephone calls, etc.
- Responsible for coordinating events in the executive conference room and ensuring that it is stocked accordingly with all applicable supplies.
- Demonstrates a high level of professionalism in dealing with confidential issues.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 2 years of diverse administrative experience preferred.
- Background of accounting business systems a plus.
- Must possess a valid California State Driver’s License be able to provide proof of insurance.
- Must have a reliable vehicle.
- Ability to create, compose and edit written materials.
- Skill in the use of computerized spreadsheet and word processing software.
- Strong analytical, decision-making, and problem-solving skills and abilities.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with managers and employees on-and off-site.
- Individual must have computer skills and knowledge of the Internet
- Intermediate level with business-oriented software, i.e. Microsoft Office.
Sonoma Media Investments is an Equal Opportunity Employer