Sonoma Media Investments is seeking a Publisher to be the revenue leader, business community ambassador, and idea generator for the North Bay Business Journal. The Publisher will lead the NBBJ staff, including editorial, advertising, event and administrative staff. The ideal candidate will develop new sales strategies for digital, ROP and event revenue growth. The Publisher will work in collaboration with SMI’s people resources, for improved content, digital growth and overall audience development.
- Innovate to ensure relevancy and connectivity across the North Bay Business community.
- Maintain connectivity to current advertisers to ensure low churn and strong relationships.
- Uncover and help attract new advertising prospects.
- Recruit, develop & train a “best in class” business to business sales team. Retain top performing sales employees.
- Work closely with Executive Editor and CCO for content enhancement, editorial ideas and for posting of NBBJ content on social media and website regularly. Collaborate to improve reader engagement.
- Lead & Host NBBJ events, ensuring high attendance and profitable P&L’s.
- Collaboration with SMI departments: Distribution, Production, Digital, Advertising, Creative teams.
- Participate in SMI development and training, including following safety practices and procedures.
- Regularly monitor industry news and trends for ideas.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred (journalism, marketing education ideal)
- Minimum of 5 years sales leadership experience
- Minimum of 5 years experience with a media company
- Multimedia skills
- Spanish language skills a plus
- Proficient with technology, including internet and word-processing software, i.e. Microsoft Office Suite
- Work under deadline pressure
- Interact with sources to gain information
- Valid California Drivers license
Sonoma Media Investment values the contribution of our employees and offers a competitive compensation plan. We also offer an array of benefits, including medical, dental, vision, 401K and Paid Time Off.
Sonoma Media Investments is committed to a drug and alcohol free workplace. Any job offer is conditional upon satisfactorily completing a background investigation and pre-employment drug testing.
To be considered, please complete an online application on our career page at www.sonomamediainvestments.com/jobs, including a resume and cover letter.
Sonoma Media Investments is an Equal Opportunity Employer